You’ve probably heard of high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
It involves short, brutal bursts of movement, brief rest periods and a lot of sweat.
MOOSE aficionados already know that it’s an effective way to build muscle mass and cut fat, but it also increases your baseline fitness fast!
Those ‘in the know’ will talk about Tabata training, which was devised by a Japanese professor – Izumi Tabata – based on a study of Olympic speed skaters. We won’t go into the details (because it involves lots of facts and figures and we are all way too busy to deal with that) but suffice to say that the results from Dr Tabata’s research showed that high intensity interval training has more impact on both the aerobic and anaerobic systems than other conventional exercise.
“Help! But what does that actually mean?” we hear you cry.
Worry no more, the MOOSE will distill the eight HIIT key elements for you:
- Efficient – HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule, as it delivers maximum results in minimum time
- Burn more fat – intense exertion makes your body consume more calories after the workout, for up to 24 hours (yes, really!)
- Healthier heart – extreme training produces extreme results: making your heart work that bit harder means you are then able to do more (lengthier runs, longer bike rides) at the same pace
- No equipment – your body is an amazing thing, and it’s all you will need for an HIIT workout
- Lose weight, not muscle – the HIIT regime allows you to preserve hard-earned muscles while ensuring most weight loss comes from fat stores
- Increase metabolism – HIIT stimulates the production of your HGH (human growth hormone) which slows down the aging process, inside and out
- Do it anywhere – yes, just like it says on the box
- Challenging – no time for chit chat, reading a magazine, catching up on the news: HIIT demands your full attention to be effective, but the good news is that each session is short, sharp and seriously hard!
So, are you game to try HIIT out?
The MOOSE can tailor a program specific to your needs, within the timeframe you require, and – you guessed it – deliver it straight to your door.
No excuses accepted!